Friday, February 9, 2007

Scrapbooking

I started scrapbooking in 2005 because I wanted to make my sister a 21st album. I succeeded in making the album and along the way learnt a lot about the scrapbooking world and also tapped into my childhood jealousy of my mum and sister who were both far more artistically talented than I was.

I think I'm over most of that jealousy.

I've found scrapbooking to be incredibly frustrating at times and yet liberating, especially with the Freestyle and Doodling movements. I often get the urge to scrapbook but am then usually thwarted by lack of time, lack of resources and most more than often, lack of creativity.

I press on, though because I do enjoy it. Digital scrapbooking has abolished at least one of the above obstacles: resources. I look forward to scrapbooking in the middle of a theology class this coming semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment