Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Learning how to knit!

Tonight was the first night of my little 'Sit n Stitch' group! Two friends from college who are also neighbours came over to play with some yarn. Both the other girls already know how to knit so they taught me how to cast on and off and the knit stitch.

Then I taught them how to chain and sc in crochet. It was a blast! Since we all studied at college together last year (one girl did the one year course so it's only two of us at college now) we were able to have a fabulous chat about life, college and this that and the other! :)

Guess which attempt in the photo is mine. I said that mine looked like a piece of butchered pink piggy. ;p

1 comment:

  1. You will LOVE knitting once you get the hang of it! I think as a crocheter you should really try to hold the yarn in your left hand rather than you right. Makes it very similar to crochet! Give it a try and let me know how it turns out, K?

    Good Luck!

    Marly

    ReplyDelete