Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Look ma! I can knit!

So during our Sit and Stitch on Tuesday night my friend, Jo, taught me how to knit *again* (I forgot during the two weeks between our last Sit and Stitch) and I started off by making a dishcloth. (The smaller one to the front of photo)



I finished in on the way to college this morning and then started a new one during Philosophy (which was a bit boring btw!). I finished it this afternoon. (The bigger one at the back of the photo)

I've found knitting goes much slower than crochet (albeit I am a beginner) but the fabric it makes is so stretchy!! :) My plan is to make a few more of these dishcloths for lovely DH (the kitchen is his domain) and practice some other stitches like purl and such.

2 comments:

  1. Great Job Di! I am currently working on some very simple instructions for knitting if you want to go and check it out. Maybe it would help you remember :-)

    Have fun with the dishcloths. They are after all ONLY dishcloths and there are SO many things you can experiment with them (such as stitches)..

    Marly
    knitthing.blogspot.com
    knitthing.mypodcast.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the site is

    www.thepurseworkshop.com/knitting-instructions.html

    ReplyDelete