Thursday, October 25, 2007

Flickr Faves

I've been thinking a lot about what makes a blog nice to read and what makes it interesting enough to come back to over and over again. I think I've come up with a shortlist of what's needed:

1. Regular posts
2. Photos
3. Interesting excerpts from daily life
4. Short, bite-sized, sections of text
5. Tutorials (for craft blogs)
6. Nice links to other interesting sites.

I'd like my blog to be interesting and come-back-able. But my biggest hangup is writing about personal life as I still find that a bit difficult to do on the internet. We'll see. I'd like to show people who I am and what I do and in the process inspire people to be more crafty and creative.

Anyways, here are my current favourite photos from Flickr.

1. teeny tiny!, 2. Untitled, 3. Swallow Necklace, 4. Survivor., 5. little yellow teapot, 6. edge, 7. Pink Heart Necklace, 8. Bright and Cheery...., 9. IMG_2466, 10. Red Doves Necklace, 11. Untitled, 12. Red for Burma, 13. Tiffany's Pincushion, 14. I can sew a rainbow, 15. Cozy, 16. Untitled, 17. Focus on the Furry Bits....., 18. but i wasn't finished, 19. all american, 20. new toy, 21. little toes, 22. Red, White and Blue Vintage Flowers Barrette, 23. Vintage Flowers Necklace, 24. Japanese cherry blossom Pincushion, 25. Untitled, 26. love is colorful., 27. Nature Dance, 28. fit for a gnome, 29. This is actually her HAPPY FACE, 30. What you see is what you get!, 31. spooked, 32. Munsell merino 150, Rainbow, 33. Stolen Painting: Fear of Being Forgotten, 34. Chinese Pipe, 35. Untitled, 36. a little thanks

2 comments:

  1. Hey Diane!

    I love your flickr mosaic! How did you make that? I've seen it on a few blogs now and I'd love to make my own! I know you can make them using Picassa software - is that what you used or is there some easier way of doing it without having to save all the photos to your computer? Thanks for your help in advance!

    Katie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You shouldn't feel pressured to share your personal life online. It's more important to establish rapport with your reader: show them who you are and what you are like—not necessarily through things about your personal life but by the way you write about things.

    ReplyDelete