Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Gifts are finished!!!

I've finished all the hand made gifts I'm going to make this year.

This is a part mohair scarf for a friend going to China for Christmas (I couldn't figure out how to take a photo of myself wearing a scarf).

Moda Vera Sentiments yarn from Spotlight
6mm needles (I think).
It's a simple drop stitch pattern every three rows.


This is a dragon for my SIL's best friend. It's made from various acrylic and cotton. The pattern is from Crochetville.


(huge sigh of relief). Making things for Christmas gifts is exhausting. It's also nerve-racking thinking about whether or not people will like them. The amount of time and effort that goes into Christmas gifts is just incredible and people who don't do handcrafts don't understand that. I'm always afraid of being seen as a cheap person so I don't really make many handmade gifts. I really, really hate those comments about people offering to buy me garments when they see me making them. Anyway, no need to be so cynical! It's Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. That scarf looks so funky! I hope the recipient appreciates it. I know what you mean about making Christmas gifts; I'm not even sure if I'll finish my dad's scarf in time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure did appreciate it!

    Your scarf made it to The Great Wall, Diane!

    It was tied tightly with two knots lest it be whipped around by the 8 mile wind in 0 degree temperatures and blown right over the barrier never to be seen again!

    I'm still really impressed you did that. Thanks for the huge effort it took.

    It's been 8 months and I'm still on squares for my crochet blanket.(8 months as in it's been sitting in my craft bag untouched.)

    One day...one day...

    ReplyDelete