Friday, March 21, 2008

The day in between


Happy Easter everyone! Even though it's only the Saturday in between the message is still the same.

We went to church yesterday (Nathan was preaching) and will go again on Sunday. I love having Easter fellowship with other Christians. Easter is really the whole point of Christianity. Like what Paul said in the letter to the Corinthians, "If Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile and you are still in your sins."

I'm so grateful that Jesus died for my sins on Easter Friday and if I only trust that he is my 'sin-bearer', the one who can take away my sins, then that is all that is required to be saved. There is no need to earn my way into heaven. It's a free gift. That still blows my mind. It's such a natural, human tendency to think that you get what you deserve. So to deserve heaven you need to do good things. But that's not it at all. It's a gift that God offers to everyone.

So the day in between is a good day to think about these things. The death and suffering of Jesus was yesterday and tomorrow is when Jesus will rise from the dead and live again anew. Today I rejoice that these days represent the time when Jesus ushered in the only way to salvation.

Australians: I hope you all watched the Christ Files on Channel 7 yesterday at noon. If you didn't, no worries! You can get the DVD from Koorong.

Check out: http://www.thechristfiles.com.au/

Egg crochet pattern

2 comments:

  1. That is very cute amigurumi! What are you going to do with them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen: I have them sitting on a shelf at the moment. I was just using up some scrap yarn.

    Amigurumi are becoming a funny problem in our house - we have a few animals and now these eggs. We let a baby we babysit chew on one animal (a horse) but I don't think these eggs would be very good for the baby.

    ReplyDelete