Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Flickr*ing thoughts

I've been thinking a lot about blogging. I've actually been insanely jealous of the beautiful blogs I frequent and how much I want to have a blog like theirs (take note of the long list of blogs on the right hand side).

But I've realised that in order to have a blog like that I'd need to have a life like theirs. Most often than not the most crafty ladies somehow manage to have babies as well. Having a baby is not an option I'm willing to choose in order to have a more funky blog. :}

But I have taken a lot of inspiration from these blogs. I've decided to not necessarily change my life but take more joy in what I already do. I don't very often blog about my day-to-day business being a full time student as I think that's not a very readable topic. Also this blog is supposed to be about my craftings. However I'm going to take the step of actually blogging about what I do in such a way that I hope will be inspiring to others as well.

I'm not in the fashion of talking arty-farty mumbo -jumbo to keep up with the blogging Jones' but I will take on the joy these bloggers have about their average lives an apply to it to mine.

I don't think that my life is all that average though. ;} But for now let me indulge my Flickr obsession.


1. mondays are for color, 2. mondays are for color, 3. mondays are for color, 4. needlefelting- I forgot how fun!, 5. green kitchen, 6. IKEA chair officially hacked, 7. storage drawers, 8. Untitled, 9. IMG_4088, 10. Untitled, 11. vintage mini muffin tin, 12. Hansel and Gretel Ipod/Cards Pouch, 13. oh, you pretty thing, 14. red thrifted sundress, 15. Untitled, 16. frosty berries, 17. 43/366..... Refocus, 18. potholder for a friend, 19. Apple of My Eye Pendant, 20. the bestest thrift find EVER., 21. backyard berries, 22. Detail granny square blanket, 23. little acorn, 24. red shoes, 25. Twig

5 comments:

  1. Hey Diane I always love reading your blog - I reckon it is one of those beautiful blogs you talk about! Have to admit though I get a bit slack at commenting on blogs so I'm trying to do it more regularly! Hopefully you'll see more comments from me in the future lol! I love those flickr inspirations that you do which reminds me I haven't done one of those for a while!

    Katie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny Yours is one of the blogs , i feel about how you feel about others!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey dude...how did you do that flickr thing? I have been wanting to do that forever... :-)


    Help a sistah out :-)


    Marly

    ReplyDelete
  4. can you email me a link to your flickr... i love this and wanna fave your flickr faves ;)
    hugs!
    LA :)

    ReplyDelete