Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Mushroom, Mushroom


On Mission we had a day off down at Cronulla beach. I was a little apprehensive about going there due to all those riots a few years ago. It's really not nice having to think carefully about whether or not you should go somewhere in Sydney on the basis of what you look like. But I guess that's just human nature. People don't really like difference. Everyone claims that being unique is a great thing but I really doubt that those thoughts are genuine. No-one wants to be so unique that they are no longer accepted.

Anyways, I'm rambling a bit. What I wanted to say was that I picked up these gorgeous salt and pepper shakers for $3 at an op-shop. I love the cheap op-shops where you find some gorgeous things for a few dollars. Some op-shops have cottoned on to the whole 'vintage is in' thing so everything is priced a lot higher. Not so at this place.

I won't use them as salt and pepper shakers. They will just sit on a bookshelf looking terribly kitsch. I love them!

1 comment:

  1. RE Cronulla: That's rather amusing because I always felt safe there when I lived in the Shire! I never felt that the Shire was racist; there just wasn't a very large Asian population.

    ReplyDelete