Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Sydney Vintage Show

A few weekends ago I went to the Sydney Vintage show over in Canterbury. It was a hike to get there by public transport but nearly everything is in Sydney.

There were so many beautiful old things! All the way from the Victorian age up until the 80s. Just gorgeous stuff! Most was out of my league price-wise but I did score some red velvet earrings.A few years ago when I was doing my undergraduate I would only ever wear vintage stuff. But I would buy them all on the cheap from op-shops. I had no problem with wearing Stubbies from the 70s and 80s. I liked men's safari suits and ladies' lacy tops. My sister was into those satin nightgowns that were overdyed. Nowadays I think I dress a bit less vintage-y and more just Target-y but I'd like to splash out now and again with something vintage. I have a stash of my Granny's clothes that I haven't yet worn - I think I might just take them out and wear them now.

No comments:

Post a Comment