Friday, May 9, 2008

Cake


A year or so after we got married we split up the household duties. Nathan looks after the entire kitchen - cleaning, cooking, shopping. I, therefore, have the entire rest of the place - vacuuming, mopping, laundry etc.

It works out pretty well for us except Nathan doesn't make desserts. Well, he'll dish out ice-cream and pour Ice-Magic on top. This is why I make so many banana cakes. I've gotten *very* lazy when it comes to food preparation but I still want dessert. Banana cakes are the easiest yummy dessert I can make. So we eat banana cake and ice-cream fairly regularly.

3 comments:

  1. I'm like you! Murray cooks so when he goes away I am lost and we eat sandwiches...lol. I am such a slacker now cause I am not in a routine to cook.
    Those cakes look yummo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't bake but here's a recipe I used to make before Ben went off wheat and dairy. I like it because it's fairly easy and it tastes yummy.

    Also, “kuchen” is German for “cake”.

    Peach Kuchen

    Ingredients

    one 800g tin of sliced peaches (or pears, fruit salad, etc.)

    Base

    1 plain packet cake mix (butter cake or vanilla cake)
    ½ cup coconut
    125 butter/margarine

    Topping

    1 carton lite sour cream
    2 Tbsp sugar
    1 egg
    nutmeg

    Method

    1. Preheat oven to 180°C (200°C if your oven isn't very strong).

    2. Drain peaches/fruit.

    3. Melt margarine/butter, the mix together base ingredients until they are like breadcrumbs. Grease baking tray and then press base into sides and bottom of tray. Cook in oven for 15 mins.

    4. Place drained peaches/fruit on top.

    5. Mix sour cream, sugar and egg together. Pour on top of peaches/fruit and sprinkle with nutmeg. Bake for 15 mins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the receipe, Karen!!!

    ReplyDelete