Monday, May 5, 2008

Red Foliage

I have finally finished this beanie!!! It's the Foliage pattern from Knitty.

It's taken me so long because I had issues with the needles and then when I finished it the first time the bind-off was too tight.

With the needles because I'm such a cheapie I bought some $3.00 80cm circulars from Lincraft and then cut them down to 40cm. I also trimmed the bamboo bits with a pencil sharpener and some sandpaper. I'm still not sure if a 40cm long circular is 40cm from tip to tip or just the cord bit in the middle. Mine are now 40cmish tip to tip.

My first bind-off was the very basic bind off (*k2, k2tog on the right needle, k1*) but found it far too tight and icky. So I googled and found this stretchy bind-off and I love it!

Life is getting a little crazy at the moment with all the work that's due for college and whatnot. But I'm still managing to carve out time to make things.

I've been listening to a lot of Brenda Dayne's Cast-On podcasts to and from college and am just loving them. She's a fantastic podcaster with really fascinating information all the time.

1 comment:

  1. Looking good! Your knitting is certainly coming along.

    ReplyDelete