Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Books, books, glorious books.

Sigh. Some days you just want a big hotwater bottle, a huge non-fattening packet of chips and bag of chocolates and a good, historical romance novel. Well - I've got them all except for the non-fattening bit but along with it comes a huge sense of guilt and despondency over study.

It's never ending! Honest to goodness, I've never had a full time job but have been studying full time since I was 5 - and I'm now 24! Straight from my honours year at university to another post-graduate degree down here in Sydney.

Don't hear me wrong - I enjoy learning new things and it's a privilege to study God's Word every day but some days I wish I either was fat and pregnant doing nothing but making baby clothes in preparation for a dull life surrounded by pooing ankle-biters or an equally dull job actually using my degree and making squillions from 9-5 each day.

Both are equally exceedingly unappealing and I don't know how anyone does either of them. I'd much prefer an exam or two over either of those options (even if the child isn't terribly ugly or the job was in the Maldives).

Eh.

Eh.

I'll get over this period of dullness. When I look around me though I'd much prefer to be doing what I'm doing in preparation for being useful to God and those around me.

So I guess I'll have to study for that Hebrew test and get cracking on that Old Testament essay on the existence of an Urtext, huh? Mmm... pass me the M&Ms!

No comments:

Post a Comment