Thursday, October 16, 2008

The Story of Stuff


I can't remember where I found this link but I'm glad I did.  I'm not a tree-hugging hippie but I do my small part when it comes to recycling and buying renewable products. This short film (click on the above picture) is really eye-opening, a little discouraging but motivating at the same time. It's about the insane consumerist, materialistic society we live in and how it's damaging not just the environment but us humans too. 

Then I followed some links and found this site: Cosmetic Database (click on the picture). 

I was very, very shocked when I plugged in some of the body and face products that Nathan and I use. I generally hate make-up and rely on Photoshop to make me look betterbut even still, I use lipstick with lead and moisturizer with carcinogens!

So check them out. I think it's good to be well aware of what's going on around us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment