Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Taking Stock


Sometimes you just have to stop. Think. And then wonder out loud, 'What the heck am I doing'? We recently had our annual pastoral visit from our mission agency in Australia. We had to fill out a 10+ page questionnaire beforehand which was actually a good chance to just take stock. What are we doing? Where are we doing it? Is it working? Should we be doing something different? Is this what we expected? Are we ok? No, really, are we ok? Or are we just telling people we're ok and in actuality we're floundering?

And most importantly, are we being faithful to God?


Actually. I take that all back.

Sometimes you just have to stop. Think.

God is faithful. No matter what. No matter what I'm doing. No matter if what I'm doing is working. No matter if what I'm doing is what I expected. Or even if it's not. No matter if I feel like I'm ok or if I feel like I'm floundering.

God is faithful.

No comments:

Post a Comment